What’s the Netflix Download Limit and How to Get Rid of It?
Other than the online streaming experience, Netflix added its download feature for offline viewing back in late 2016. The feature really comes in handy when you don’t have access to the internet or have a limited data plan on your mobile device. However, to protect their content or attract more consumption, Netflix adds some limitations to the download feature. What exactly are the download limits on Netflix and how can we bypass them as to play Netflix video offline with more freedom? Read on.
According to a Netflix support page, here we sorted out six important limits of Netflix downloads for your reference:
- The download feature is only available on Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Windows 10 and 11.
- You can get a maximum of 100 titles on a single device at any given time.
- Depending on the Netflix subscription plan you’re using, you’ll only be able to download titles on one, two or four devices at any given time.
- The downloaded content can only be watched on the device you downloaded it on.
- The downloaded titles also have a set expiration time. Some videos may last for 48 hours and some may last for 7 days, after you first press play, which is dependent on your subscription and also varied by title.
- Once your account is closed, any downloaded videos will no longer be available to watch.
If you reach those limits, you may come across error messages like these:
- 'You have downloads on too many devices.'
- 'There was a problem with this download.'
- 'To download TV shows and movies, you'll have to use a different device.'
- 'This title can only be downloaded 1 more time.'
- 'Download Limit Warning: Due to licensing, this can only be downloaded one more time before.'
- 'Too Many Downloaded Videos.'
- 'Yearly Download Limit Reached' or 'You have reached the yearly download limit for this video.'
Now that you’re familiar with the most common download limits on Netflix. In which case, a thought might come to mind naturally: can we get around them so as to play Netflix videos offline without limits? Sure, you can. Let's take a look at how you can bypass these limits.
All you need is FlixiCam. It is an excellent video downloading app, designed exclusively for Netflix users to download any serials, TV shows, documentaries and movies from Netflix for offline streaming. With this professional application, you can download any Netflix video as HD MP4 or MKV files and enjoy on any of your devices without caring for Netflix limitations!
The following is the detailed tutorial to guide you to download movies and TV shows from Netflix with FlixiCam. Please download FlixiCam program first before getting started.
Step 1. Run FlixiCam on PC and Log into Netflix Account
Run FlixiCam on Windows PC and enter any word in the search box to open the Netflix login window for logging into your Netflix account.
Step 2. Customize the Output Settings
Click the Setting button on the upper right corner to customize the output format (MP4 or MKV), output quality (High, Medium, Low), output path, audio and subtitles language, etc.
Step 3. Search Videos on FlixiCam
FlixiCam enables you to import videos by entering the name of movies & TV shows or copying and pasting the link of videos from Netflix Web Player to it. After inputting the video's name or link, simply press "Enter" button on your keyboard, followed that the program will list the video or all of the related videos.
Step 4. Select Audio Track and Subtitle
FlixiCam added advanced download settings to allow you to select the audio track and subtitle as needed. When downloading TV shows, the windows can be accessed by clicking the Download icon > "Advanced Download". If you try to download a movie, please click the "Advanced Download" icon beside "Download" to open the window.
Step 5. Start to Download Netflix Videos
Simply click the Download icon, the program will start downloading the Netflix videos to the output folder. After downloading, you can click on Library to find the well-downloaded Netflix videos on local drive. Now you can save them on your computer and transfer to any devices for enjoying as needs.
Whether you want to play Netflix videos on more devices or save them on computers forever, FlixiCam always can give a hand. It is powerful, able to help you download any video from Netflix in MP4 format. With such a smart tool, you can easily play Netflix videos without any limit. And FlixiCam provides the free trial version. If you don't believe it, simply give it a try. Of course, the trial version only allows you to download the first 5 mins of each video in HD quality. To get the full video, please purchase a license.